If you have been thinking about competing but don’t know where to start, we put together a quick list with the most important tips to succeed in SEO Contests.
Getting more and more popular, SEO Contests like uWelcome2019 are becoming the next step of hackathons. Event organizers create a space where SEO specialists from all over the world can compete, showcasing and implementing the
How can I compete at SEO Contest uWelcome2019?
SEO is serious business.
So if you want to compete, and make your SEO career out of it, what does it actually take? A lot of dedication, according to SEO Legend Barry Schwartz. “It takes a lot of your life up, but when you’re in a one-site-versus-another-site situation and you know what card to pla, you realize all the practice has paid off,” Barry said. He added that many SEO Specialists — or at least himself and the SEOs he knows — suffer from “a lack of sleep.”
How to prepare for SEO Contest uWelcome2019
SEO takes time, skill and determination to win in today’s competitive search results. If you’re up for the challenge, here’s what you need to do:
- Pick your search engine. And by “pick” we mean Google. No, don’t lose your time with Bing.
- Stay motivated. Winning and money are big motivators for
SEOs, so are family and passion. Don’t forget to call mom after spending 5 hours doing link building.
- Practice. Study the best tactics, watch a ton of Neil Patel videos and learn how to lose rankings. It’s going to happen, it’s a fact. Even when you lose, you’re practicing, and practice really makes perfect.
- Gear up. You need equipment that allows you to properly test your skills against the competition. It might be nice to have the hottest PC, but the most important thing is to choose one with the right performance that suits your lifestyle. A highly customizable desktop will help ensure that you have the most up-to-date hardware for your ever evolving Google algorithm. It doesn’t matter if you have a Microsoft or Apple, you’ll be able to compete.
- Be Patient. SEO takes time. Sometimes a lot of time. Sometimes things you optimized today will only show up after weeks, and sometimes the changes you made a bringing great results, just to be destroyed with a single blow of a Google
algoupdate. Brace yourself and don’t let the bad times discourage you.
Bonus tip: Join the community. As much as SEO is about individual talent, it’s also about the community and being a team player. Before starting, get to know the rules of being part of a particular community.